Thursday 24 January 2008

They hurt me the shoulders

Rather than a bit of gentle stretching and meditation in today´s yoga class, we were instructed, somewhat directly, to "put your leg behind your head", followed by "balance on your hands. Now take your right hand off the floor..." Seriously, it just wasn´t going to happen.

Stretching and wincing and bending and gasping through the bizarrest and most comical postures imaginable, I pondered, as means of distracting myself from the pain emanating from regions I never knew I had, how fortunate it was that I had just been studying how to say "It hurts!!!" in Portuguese.

I was now able to growl at my smiley yoga teacher exactly which bits of me would be unable to function normally for at least the next three weeks.


So here´s a list of my sore bits:

Dóem-me as pernas (legs)
Dóem-me os ombros (shoulders)
Dóe-me o pescoço (neck)
Dóem-me as costas (back. Of which I have two in Portugese)
Doém-me os dedos (fingers and toes)
Dóem-me os pés (feet)
Dóem-me os mãos (hands)
Dóem-me as coxas (thighs)
Dóem-me os joelhos (knees)
Dóem-me as costelas (ribs)

This is not an exhaustive list, but it goes some way to describing my pain.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, yo también estoy tomando clases de yoga.
Son relajantes, sin embargo yo en cada una me pasa algo.Ya te contaré la anécdota de las instrucciones de las rotaciones con partes inimaginables. Dios la gente está muy mal...